Re: gEDA-user: centroid data generated by pcb-20050315

> I guess what I think would be useful is:
>
> 1) better documentation of all how the xy placement file is
>    calculated.  also, the source code mentions that unnumbered pins
>    are left out of the calculation, which should be clearly documented
>    (if it's in the manual right now, it's not as loudly stated as it
>    probably should be, because I don't remember coming across it).

Here's my suggestion on this particular issue:  Why don't you write up
a couple of paragraphs describing how the xy file works, and how it is
calculated?  You are probably the world's expert on this subject right
now!  If you write it up, I will be happy to stick it into whatever
PCB documentation I eventually write up.  I will also attribute you
for the contribution.  If you don't fancy yourself a writer, that's
OK -- I don't mind polishing other peoples' prose.  Since you've taken
the time to understand the issue, you can save all of us time by
putting your discoveries into text!

Stuart