gEDA-user: Bug or feature?

Hi all...

I've been playing with gschem/spice for a couple of days now, hoping
I can 'sell' it to my students. Most, if not all, are addicted to
Windos... While I can't find a use for it, I'll call it a bug:

After opening a 'new' page in gschem and changing something in it,
there's no way to close the page without saving it (even after cleaning it
completely). 'Close page' asks to save it, or cancel the operation.
There's no option to 'discard'. Should I file this somewhere?

Another suggestion:

Would it be possible to define (preferences) a default directory for
models and subcircuits? That way it would not be necessary to define the
entire path in each of the components. To remain compatible, I'd suggest
that 'file' attributes starting with / be absolute, else use the default
directory.

John