Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

Ales Hvezda wrote:
[snip]

Interesting thread, but nobody answered my first question:

What specifically is it about gtk+ 2.[4|6] that is so much slower than
say gtk+ 1.x?

That's a good question (bot wrong list probably)... :)

I haven't notice critical amounts of slowdown in gschem
or gtkPCB on my P2-400/256M.  Certainly pango and friends do impact text
rendering performance and I have noticed longer startup times because
of the larger number of dependencies

Blender also has many dependencies and starts almost instantly.

--
Regards,
Jakub Piotr CÅapa