Re: gEDA-user: ngspice and parts

Harold Skank here.  I've been using ngspice heavily for the past
two/three weeks.  And when you start chasing SPICE models, you find that
licensing is definitely a vendor issue.  Not too surprising in that an
accurate SPICE model tells a whole lot about how a circuit is
engineered.  National Semiconductor has a HUGE file that packages many
of its products into one file.  For my part, I've found that I have to
pick that file apart to generate files that ngspice can use.  Fairchild,
on the other hand releases individual files for its semiconductors, but
requires that you acknowledge a license release before they e-mail your
first request.  In addition, almost all vendor SPICE files have license
headers in the individual files.

	Harold Skank