Re: gEDA-user: orthogonal lines

>         I've seen in manufaturated boards that in different sides of
> the pcb the lines or tracks go horizontal and the other side
> vertical, then making 90° angles in between. I guess that's made for
> minimizing crosstalk between tracks, but, how effective is that ?,
> does anybody have solved interferences or noises problems with that
> technique ?

Actually, that's a side-effect of the way the previous generation of
auto-routers worked.  PCB uses a newer technology, so does not need to
have dedicated direction layers.

Traces on opposite sides are more likely to be isolated by the ground
and power planes that traces on the same side that are parallel and
adjacent anyway.