Re: gEDA-user: is gEDA a good choice for designers?

On 7/3/07, Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If those are the only three serious limitations, then gEDA would seem
> > suitable for me. My main concern has been going ahead and bumping my
>
> You will probably also have draw your own symbols as people have been
> complaining about the dreadful state of the shipped library.

I would disagree that the library that ships with gschem (or PCB) is "dreadful".
You do need to verify symbols and footprints against your process requirements
and production components. But that is true for commercial packages as well.

With a documented open file format design automation of symbols and footprints
is possible. With an ASCII file format it is easy.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org