Re: gEDA-user: liquid tin

Dave McGuire <mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>    I used that stuff probably ten years ago...it solders nicely.

Just finished the reflow.  It seems to grab the paste a little better
than plain copper, and the reflow itself went just fine.

The PTH soldering went fine too.  Seems to be just as wettable as
plain copper, with and without flux.

Smoke test!  No smoke :-)

   http://www.delorie.com/electronics/alarmclock/20070705-power-smoke.html

Both 3.3 and 5v work fine.  I'm getting about 18mV P-P ripple on the
3.3v line, at about 150Khz (the switcher's freq) plus a smaller 6MHz
ripple, probably from the ATX power supply I'm using.  Shorting the
3uH output inductor has no affect.  Note: I might be picking up ripple
magnetically from elsewhere on the bench, too, as I get the same
results with a wall wart.

I added some more photos to the liquidtin url, the "big square"'s
purpose should be obvious by now:

   http://www.delorie.com/pcb/liquidtin/