Re: gEDA-user: Separate Vcc voltages

On 7/13/07, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:31:20 +0200, Jonatan Åkerlind wrote:
>
> > I've only come up with the solution to edit the 5V IC symbol and remove
> > the Vcc net attribute and attach a Vcc pin instead. Any other (better)
> > solutions?
>
> A different approach is to put the power pins into a separate symbol.
> Just attach the same refdes to both symbols, so netlist knows that they
> belong to the same footprint. With these split-up symbols you can avoid
> power pin clutter in the schematic and still have all power pins visible.
> In particular you can connect them individually to appropriate power
> nets.

I use the split-up symbols for most logic parts.

Last year I posted a utility that reads a gschem logic symbol file
with embedded power connections and outputs a new symbol file
without the embedded power connections and a new symbol file with
only the power pins.

The script worked on the 74xx series symbols that come with gschem.
The script is at http://www.luciani.org/geda/util/util-index.html

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org