Re: gEDA-user: How to divide large symbols in smaller units?

Am Mittwoch, den 20.06.2007, 16:49 -0400 schrieb DJ Delorie:
> > is it possible and useful to divide a gschem symbol with very many pins
> > in multiple smaller symbols?
>
> Yup.  Just give each part the same refdes, and the netlister merges
> them automatically.

Hello,

I am building my first symbol consisting of multiple sub-symbols.
It is an ADC (analog to digital converter) with 64 pins. I plan to draw
one subsymbol with gschem containing two analog inputs and one output
for a reference (common mode) voltage. The two other subsymbols
containing power-supply and other pins I will generate with djboxsym.

Two Questions:

How shall i handle pinseq attributes? Have I to fix it so that all pins
have unique pinseq? (I think I have seen symbols without pinseq
attributes, but http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scg tells us that each
pin should have pinseq attribute.

How shall i handle other common attributes like footprint, device,
description ... Someone wrote to my request that i should only give one
subsymbol a footprint attribute. But what is with the other unattached
attributes?

Can gsymcheck check symbols consisting of multiple subsymbols?

Thanks

Stefan Salewski