gEDA-user: How do I complete a line to an existing line/pad ?

I am trying to manually connect a line to some manually placed pads.
Everything works ok except that when I go to complete the connection to
the pad, the line won't go near the pad.  It appears that the software
is trying to prevent the line from touching the existing pad.

How do I override the software to allow the line to connect to the pad,
rather than trying to avoid touching the pad ?

Thanks