Re: gEDA-user: Footprint-guide -- is arc description wrong?

This is an interesting point.

Actually I haven't touched the footprint doc in over 2 1/2 years, and
a lot of the info is therefore likely outdated.

I've never been a fan of the PCB manual since it is over 100 pages of
hard to read verbiage with no screenshots  (just IMO).  Newbies
probably find it intimidating, particularly if all they want to do is
draw a footprint. However, it is authoritative, and will always be up-to-date since it is autogenerated.

Therefore, I wonder if I should withdraw the footprint doc and
point to the File Format section of the on-line PCB manual?  Or
should I simply update the footprint doc?   Or is there somebody on
this list who would like to take over the job of editing the doc and
keeping it current?

Opinions?  Comments?

Stuart