Re: gEDA-user: Gsch2pcb for Ubuntu

I'm not the person to answer.  My experience Gutsy use Gutsy, Hasty use
Hasty.  Else you end up cleaning the disk win problem fixing style.  I
suspect that these are a Ubuntu version of deb files and are not to be
confused with exe or bin stuff.  They have dependencies and can be super
frustrating.  Go to http://www.geda.seul.org/ bottom of page click PCB
and bottom of that page is PCB home page click that then downloads in
box on left wow nearly there find pcb-20080202.tar.gz suck it into your
machine.  Now what? How to install anything if stuck.
http://www.monkeyblog.org/ubuntu/installing/#installing_with_synaptic

There is a set of instructions somewhere specially for installing pcb.
Maybe they are in the tarball, sniff in the unpacked tarball stuff.
Using this method is good for any platform.  PC, Mac, 32 or 64 bit etc.

Make a directory and stuff what you downloaded into it.  Click on it and
the Ubuntu magic will make a directory tree and stuff it with the
tarball stuff.  Now for the non windows stuff.
Applications/accessories/terminal (dos glass typewriter) cd to the magic
directory and type.
./configure
;then
make
;then
sudo make install

I think that's what I did.  You may have to pull in a few extra libs and
packages but I think most of what you need is there or use the apt-get
or package manager to get it.  I hope that this will not discourage you.
Regards Ian.