Re: gEDA-user: bom2 gnetlist

Hi Ed,

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 19:12 -0500, Ed & Angie S. wrote:
> I've seen some recent posts regarding the bom2 gnetlist report.  I
> didn't see an answer to my question so I'm writing to beg for help.
> I've played with bom2 and the attribs file and it seems to work for
> me.  One thing bom2 does is put all of the reference designators on
> one line which is what I want.  Is there a way to get a quantity for
> each line in the bom?  I've tried adding the word quantity to the
> attribs file but this has no effect.  I thought maybe there was a
> special word or syntax for the attribs file that might make this work.
> I've been using the partslist3 option to generate my bom but it is
> nice to be able to use the attribs file to customize things.
>
> In the future, I would like to be able to modify the scripts to
> generate boms in different ways.   If someone could point me to an
> example file and a resource to learn the language I think I could
> figure it out.

On my box those files live in /usr/share/gEDA/scheme

If you happen to have a different prefix for the geda install dir you
can find the files with:

locate gnetlist.scm

The language is named "guile" (http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/) an
implementation of
"scheme" (http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/scheme/) which is a
dialect of the Lisp programming language.

Google may be your friend here :)

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.