Re: gEDA-user: Hierarchial refdes vs. board assembler

On Thursday 17 July 2008 11:32:16 pm Steve Meier wrote:
> This process as written below should be captured into the geda wiki.

Maybe I should clean it up and send it to Circuit Cellar?

> I do think the cost of the components is a hudge cost driver for a pcb
> assembly!

Of course the price of the parts determine the cost of the finished assembly.
Handling a BGA might cost you more than handling a SOIC etc.

The original context was the fellow had $4.60 worth of Digikey parts
and he was being quoted $15 for the finished assembly, which he
thought was out of line.  At some point you bump up against fixed
over head handling costs and in some CM it might cost you $15
for an assembly with no parts at all.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/