Re: gEDA-user: DXF->PCB

Hmmm... I guess pstoedit only does ps->dxf, not dxf->ps. In any case,
pstoedit handles some cases of ps->dxf quite oddly.

If you get forced to roll your own, QCad http://ribbonsoft.com has a
GPL'ed and very robust C++ library for reading .dxf files.  I've used
it, and it is reliable and reasonably easy to use.  Especially if you
confine yourself to only a few entities.  For instance, if you restrict
yourself to reading a single layer of the drawing, and ignore anything
but straight lines (for PCB outline) and circles (for screw holes) it
should be pretty simple.  You can ignore color and dashed-line type and
  elliptical arcs and area fills and..... all the crap that makes
processing dxf difficult.

I guess the one trick is that in dxf files the origin can be anywhere,
but in PCB we are always in quadrant IV so you would need to translate
the coordinate space.

-dave