Re: gEDA-user: installing gEDA suite from git repository on Debian Etch?

Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 11:57 +0200, Csányi Pál wrote:
>
>> So I think have installed every required package, and still I can't to
>> install gEDA from git repository. Why?
>
> Looking at your ./configure otuput:
>
> configure.ac:89: error: m4 macro `IT_PROG_INTLTOOL' is not defined.
> Ensure that `intltool.m4' is installed in your aclocal search path.
>
> I'd suggest you need to:
>
> apt-get install intltool

I installed intltool but then must to install more packages:

desktop-file-utils and
flex

for successfull installation of gEDA from git repository.

I also must to edit the Makefile before 'make install' to run:

#opts=--with-xdgdatadir=$(HOME)/.local/share \
  --with-kdedatadir=$(HOME)/.kde/share
opts=--disable-update-desktop-database

I think because I'm using Ion2 as a window manager and not GNOME nor
KDE so I haven't a Desktop here.

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi