Re: gEDA-user: questions re: gafrc and directory structure following gsch2pcb tutorial

Got it!

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 4:19 PM, John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 22, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Robert Butts wrote:

> That's just it, I don't sem to have a local gafrc file.  I only
> seem to have the system-gafrc file.

If you don't need to customize any settings, you don't need a local
gafrc. For a simple project, my local gafrc sometimes just contains:

(component-library ".")

so that gEDA can find project-local symbols. More complex projects
require more complex settings.

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 15:40 -0400, Robert Butts wrote:
> > I'm seting up directories and the gafrc files to follow the
> structure
> > in the gsch2pcb tutorial.  I don't have a gafrc file in the in my
> > ${HOME}/gafrc so should I copy the system-gafrc and rename it gafrc?
> > Also, this is a >= 2005 version of gEAD.
> >

> That isn't generally a good idea.
>
> If you need to change a particular setting, include that in the local
> gafrc. There is no need to copy-paste the system file, since that gets
> read first anyway.
>
> --
> Peter Clifton
>
> Electrical Engineering Division,
> Engineering Department,
> University of Cambridge,
> 9, JJ Thomson Avenue,
> Cambridge
> CB3 0FA
>
> Tel: +44 (0)7729 980173 - (No signal in the lab!)

John Doty              Noqsi Aerospace, Ltd.
http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx