Re: gEDA-user: file format for symbols (to automatically build symbols)

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:17:14 -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:

> Does anyone know if gschem has a 'symbol wizard' or a scripting
> interface (or could one possibly write a script to generate a schematic
> file?)

Some of these have already been written. Chances are, one of them is
already installed on your hard disk: tragesym. There is a tutorial for
tragesym called tragesym_tutorial.htm which might be installed too. The
tutorial is online at:  http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:tragesym_tutorial

One of the major contributors to the project wrote his own symbol
creation script:
 http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/tools/djboxsym.html

---<(kaimartin)>---

PS: I added your question to the gschem FAQ
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#is_there_a_symbol_wizard_in_gschem
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog