Re: gEDA-user: Newby experiences with the pcb layout tool

1. Installation:

- There is no way to have non-copper holes (even adding 0x08 to the
flags does not help) - forget it
==============================
Pin[-39800 0 7500 2000 6500 5550 "Pin_2" "2" "pin"]
Pin[21800 0 7500 2000 6500 5550 "H1" "3" "hole"]
Hole I guess goes onto the unplated drill file.
My mounting holes are part of Outline.fp, best not to have unplated holes.
==============================
- Be able to export directly to Gerber - I presently export the .pcb
files to a windows system and use the GC-Preview tool from ... I have
seen that an alfa release of a Gerber previewer exists at Sourceforge,
but that does not allow to import .pcb files - would be nice to have in
order to avoid going through windows.
=============================
I simply File/export tick gerber and okay and the gerbers are where it says.
=============================
- Be more flexible with paths wher pcb-generated output goes - for
instance for placing the gerber files (they clutter up the parent
directory, would be nice to immediately place them in their own
directory) - same observation for the backup files (is that configurable
in the config file?)
==============================
Guess I did not understand the previous gerber comment.
I've modified the path window by adding "Gerber/" to the end of the field in
export/gerbers and the gerbers are in path/parent/Gerbers.
My nice to have.
With a dense SMT board with many 0603 elements I have to place the element
and the redefs.  Not always easy for my proto assembler to match the redef
with its element.  Does this redef refer to this or that part is often
asked.  It would be nice to have a layer with a line to match the redef with
the element.  Then my XP Gerber viewer can combine and print the Silk and
match layers for the assembler.  This is not a show stopper.  Regards Ian.