Re: gEDA-user: Newby experiences with the pcb layout tool

Juergen Harms wrote:

> 3. Wishes
>
> - Be able to export directly to Gerber - I presently export the .pcb
> files to a windows system and use the GC-Preview tool from ... I have
> seen that an alfa release of a Gerber previewer exists at Sourceforge,
> but that does not allow to import .pcb files - would be nice to have in
> order to avoid going through windows.

I'm confused what you mean here.  pcb will create gerber files quite
nicely and reliably, see: "File -> Export Layout..." -- perhaps I
misunderstand your comment.

Also, the gerbv previewer has made big strides recently. (And was
adequate before, simply much nicer now.)  There is no need to go through
Windows.

> - Be more flexible with paths wher pcb-generated output goes - for
> instance for placing the gerber files (they clutter up the parent
> directory, would be nice to immediately place them in their own
> directory) -

I simply type a directory path name into the file name box.  Gerber
output goes there.  But, hey, it seems you found the gerber export :)

-dave