Re: gEDA-user: MOSFET high-side driver schematic symbol suggestion?

Christoph Lechner wrote:

> Bill Gatliff wrote:
>
>> Guys:
>>

>> Anyone care to suggest a schematic symbol for a MOSFET high-side
>> driver?  I'm having artist's block.  :)
>>
> What about a box, with some pins? ;)
> This is the way IRF does it.
> http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/ir2184.pdf

That's what my current symbol looks like.  :)

I'm considering dividing it up into two sub-symbols, however.  One for
the driver itself, and the other showing the "power" leads (for
decoupling caps, etc.).

I might make the driver symbol look like a typical sideways triangle
a'la an op-amp, but there are three pins: the input, the output, and the
source voltage feedback.  So re-using that metaphor seems like a bad
idea--- but I might do it anyway. :)  Otherwise, it'll be just a boring
old box with three pins.

The power-related pins, of which there are only two, would still look
like a box with two pins on it.  My power-decoupling.sch pages are all
just a sea of such symbols and capacitors, no point trying to clean that up.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx