Re: gEDA-user: PCB: simple FreeType fonts implementation

On 7/14/09, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How are these fonts transfered into the gerbers? The toporouter seems to
> use arcs and lines only, which is supported for gerbers. Does this work
> for the arbitrary shaped fonts too?

QCAD fonts are just lines and arcs, too;
For Freetype fonts, I render them with lines (outlines+parallel lines
filling insides);
there are also a compile-time switches to disable outlines, filling
and to render the glyphs with polygons; but my rendering with polygons
is not satisfactory, because I don't cut off internal gaps in letters
like "o" (it is shown as a filled circle).

Thanks,
Ineiev