Re: gEDA-user: connecting elements in PCB

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to start drawing a PCB but do not want to import any gschem
>files... how do I connect the elemnts with circuit tracks? Are the lines
>created by the "line" button circuit tracks?

Yes, lines, arcs and polygons. Also note the layers, most of them will
result in copper, but some will not (silk for example).

Btw, you never import the gschem file in pcb; you rather import the
netlist that helps you connecting the right pins and avoid shorts. This
feature is not mandantory (but for anything larger than a few pins it's
very very useful). I remember doing my first few boards without netlist -
it took a lot of time to make sure everything was connected correctly :)

HTH,

Tibor Palinkas