gEDA-user: PCB question from a new user

Hi all,

I am a new user to gEDA, but have used other PCB cad tools for a long time.  I've been working through the great tutorial from DJ at  http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/gs.html and have a question.

One thing I was wondering about is that is there a command in PCB to move an item by a fixed amount of distance specified on the command line (an incremental move such as up by 10 mil), or place an item at a fixed x,y location on the board (place this component at 100mil, 100 mil (100 mil in from one corner).    Obviously for some of these you could manipulate the grid spacing, but that doesn't work in all cases.

This would be very helpful in drawing an outline for a shape documented by a mechanical engineer, or helping to place mounting holes etc...  I'm familiar with one commercial layout tool that has such commands, and they are quite useful.  Not sure about list etiquette if should mention that one here by name, I did a search of the list archives and couldn't find an answer to this question there or in the PCB documentation.

I am running the Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) standard install of the gEDA suite and PCB, which I admit is a bit old at version 20080202  (thats 2008-02-02).

Thanks.

--Neil Hendin.