Re: gEDA-user: KJWave

On Monday 27 July 2009, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I have tried using both gnucap and ngspice using KJWaves,
> neither seems to be able to find the 1N4004 diode model

Google for it.

Neither supplies a model library.  It's a lot of work to keep it
up to date.  So, you need to search the web for the model
statements.

The most obvious answer is "google for 1n4004 spice model".  You
will find several of them, not all the same.  They all should
work with either ngspice or gnucap.

Since you need to ask, most likely you don't need the detailed
model statement.  You can probably get away with using the
defaults ..

.model 1N4004 D

If you want something better, but still not all of the details,
look at the gnucap manual examples.  There is an example
showing how to  determine IS of a diode experimentally.