gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org contributions and git?

Hi,

I've started learning gEDA/pcb recently and created some preliminary symbols
in the process which I'd like to contribute. I read that no further
symbols will be added to the git repo, so gedasymbols.org is probably
what I want to use. That one still uses CVS it seems, are there plans to
switch to git there, too? If not, can everybody just get a CVS account?
(if yes, I'd like to have one please :)

Alternatively I could put up some git repo with my symbols (on
github.com or the like), but I want to avoid cluttering the available
symbols even more than they're cluttered on many different sites
already. Having all of them in some "upstream" repo would be very good.

Thanks, Uwe.