Re: gEDA-user: How to use Transformer in gschem

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 20:11:53 +0530
hari venkatesh <mist.lhari@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to simulate a rectifier circuit in gEDA, while i am generating the
> netlist for the circuit.
>
> i have given the refdes as T1, during netlist generation it is giving error,
> *refdes=T1* not found
>
> Could u please mail me the list attributes that should be attached for the
> transformer
> Eg: refdes, value, model, footprint etc

Just simulating a transformer in spice is probably not going to work as
it is not a standard spice element (please someone correct me if wrong).
A transformer is basically two coils which have a coupling coefficient.
See here for more info:

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~jan/spice/spice.transformer.html

Regards,

Hans

(actually nice to find a page created sept 30 1995, updated aug. 1
1995 :-)