Re: gEDA-user: Hi everybody

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 23:32 +1930, Ali Moreno wrote:
> Hi, i'm from Venezuela, my english is very poor (sorry). I'm new on
>    this list, in gEDA and even in electronics.
>    I want to learn gEDA and i think, in the way i can translate some
>    documentation into spanish.
>    I use Debian (stable) and if you could guide me what is the right way
>    to begin the translation of the doc, please tell me.
>    Thank you.

Please note: translated documentation is only useful, when it is up to
date. In the net we have a lot of outdated translated documentation.
Keeping translations up to date is really hard work -- you have all the
time to watch for small changes in the original.

And I really think that people doing EDA design should be able to read
some English.

And of course, people doing translations should be experts in that area
-- I have seen a lot German documentation for commercial devices done by
fools. Despite of my limited English skills, most of the time I prefer
reading english manuals instead of the ugly german translations.

If you still want to translate: Maybe a good starting point is DJs fine
tutorial for beginners. Of course you should ask him for permission.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski