Re: gEDA-user: dxf again

> I somehow feared this while I wasn't sure: so it is not posible to
> manually define the paste mask on a footprint?

No.  What I do is use a perl script to create a "paste board" that has
all the paste apertures as element pads, but nothing else.  Then I can
manually edit them all, and just dump a gerber for layer 1 copper as
the paste gerber.

> I need this to create the footprint of a part with thermal central pad.

Use one pad for each paste spot you need, then one overall pad with
the "nopaste" flag to fill in the gaps.

> Hand-soldering is a nightmare-option with 0.5mm pad-pitch ;-)

No it's not, I do it all the time.  Even when I use a paste stencil
and reflow, I often have to re-solder the pins for various reasons.
Just use enough flux and a big tip and it works just fine.

> If nothing else helps, how difficult would it be, to just create an
> attribute that triggers a stub that fetches and inserts a
> handcrafted gerber-snippet from a file instead of running the
> generator?

Not that difficult, but the trick is to make it user-friendly :-)