Re: gEDA-user: pcb GL can't render stretched arcs

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 01:01:34PM -0700, Colin D Bennett wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:02:28 -0600
> Mark Rages <markrages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Stretched arcs are a misfeature.  Can they be deprecated?
> >
> > Otherwise, they are just another object that cannot be rotated at
> > arbitrary angles.
>
> There is no inherent reason elliptical arcs cannot be rotated
> arbitrarily.  Any restriction on such rotation is simply due to
> implementation faults in pcb.

The reason I bring this up is that the IsPointOnArc() in search.c
assumes a circular arc right now. ("Distance from elliptical arc
segment" is quite a tricky computational problem.)

You can see this problem by drawing an stretched arc and trying
to select and move it.

Being a math major and all, you'd think I could fix this, but it
eludes me...

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net