Re: gEDA-user: Circuit Simulators

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Paul Komarek wrote:

> What are the current options for circuit simulators in linux?  I've seen
> spice and ACS.  In particular, I'm looking for the (apologies in advance
> for being pathetic) schematic-capture/circuit-simulator combo, or at least
> a schematic capture program that exports whatever I'd need for spice.
>
> Or is it time for me to learn to generate spice input by hand?

look at gEDA for the 'gschem' and 'gnetlist' tools.  You can use gschem
for schematics and get various types of netlists from gnetlist.  This is
especially useful for those who may want more than 1 type of netlist from
the same schematic (think IC design where you want a spice netlist for
simulation and dracula netlist for lvs or board design where you want a
simulation netlist and a layout netlist).

that said, you should learn how to generate spice input by hand!  I find
that for small circuits its just faster.  but only for small ones.  after
that schematic input is important.

as far as simulators, there is also vipec which is more geared towards RF
type circuits.  its on sourceforge.

-Dan