gEDA-user: Re: Announce: Windows Install Program for gEDA-GAF Version 20020527

Milan Hrušecký wrote:

> Installing works fine, but Gschem is not working on W95 and W98.

I just did an install on a Windows 95 machine and gschem worked just fine.

Can you provide more information?  If the status window appears, are there any
error/warning messages in gschem's status window?  If you type gschem at a
MS-DOS prompt, are there any error/warning messages in the MS-DOS window?

 > You have to borrow files ws2_32.dll and ws2help.dll from W_ME,
 > directory Windows/system

As far as I can tell the ws2*.dll functions are for the windows sockets version
2 API.  How does the WinSock2 API affect gschem's operation?

-Gus