gEDA-user: Re: gEDA: Announce: Windows Install Program for gEDA-GAF Version 20020527

Michel AGOYAN wrote:

 > It seems that there is an issue and more precisely an oversight
 > concerning the Windows gEDA-GAF installation program  :
 > We are not able to select the drive for the installation :always "C".

The installer only allows an installation to c:\geda .  This is because there
is still a bug in gEDA Win32 that manifests itself if the installation
directory is not c:\geda .  This issue should be fixed in the next Windows
release of gEDA-GAF for Win32.

As I recall, the bug was that you would have problems using the tools on a
drive other than the installation drive.

My suggestion is that you accept the c:\geda directory for now.  If that is
really a problem, then you can perform a manual install using:

http://www.geda.seul.org/devel/win32/old/gaf-mingw-20020527.zip

Although there are a few win32 bug fixes that are not in gaf-mingw-20020527.zip
but are in the windows installer version.

Again, if there is anyway that you can live with installing into c:\geda , then
accept that until the next release.

-Gus