Re: gEDA-user: gschem2pcb Issues

Eric Winsor wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I understand that the footprints don't have to be in the library name
> but I do not understand how the gschem2pcb or gnetlist find them in the
> m4 directory.  I did as you show and found the same results.  However,
> my directroy structure is different; /home/cad/lib/pcb/m4.  This is the
> default the pcb does a make install to and I saw no reason to change it
> until I have fully evaluated the program.  Could the path be the issue
> here?

Yes it is.

in ~/geda/share/gEDA/scheme the file gnet-PCBboard.scm defines:

(define *m4-pcbdir* "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb/m4")

This is where pcb installs (or at least used to) all the components
libraries. Obviously, since your install is different, this is why
gnetlist can not find the DIL and other footprints.

You could:
- create a symlink from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb to /home/cad/lib/pcb
or
- modify the gnet-PCBboad script to point to the right place.

Please read the README.pcb that came with gnetlist to make the
corrections to the common.m4 file from pcb.

Chris.