Re: gEDA-user: Multi pin description

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 03:10:37AM +0200, Paul Surgeon wrote:
> On Monday, 28 June 2004 21:32, Karel Kulhav? wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 01:26:44AM +0200, Paul Surgeon wrote:
> > Is it possible to use XCircuit together with gEDA PCB?
>
> One can use XCircuit as a schematic capture and netlist tool for PCB but I
> don't know of any compatibility between gschem and XCircuit.

I don't know if XCircuit has a tool like gsch2pcb for schematic->layout
forward annotation.  I've actually been thinking that we should come up
with an eco file format similar in spirit to what Pads does.  I think
it could help in terms of providing a somewhat generic interface for
doing forward/backward annotation.  Seems it would help with gEDA as
well as Xcircuit.  I'll try to find some time to write up a more detailed
proposal.

> I prefer using gschem because it's a bit simpler to work with and because of
> the larger part libraries but XCircuit has some really useful features that I
> miss and having multiple pin descriptions is one of them.

Any chance of you putting together a list of the features you'd like to see?

-Dan