-- Cut here --
From: Stephen Meier <smeier@MeierRippin.com>

IPC-SM-782A is 228 pages. It does contain documentation for TS-005 which is what "I think" TO-263 has been renamed as.
I'm not sure what it's "officially" called these days, but when I buy voltage regulators in SM packages DigiKey and Mouser both still call them TO-263 and so do the product manufacturers.

I apologize to everybody for not contributing more (footprints, the snap-to-connection patch, etc.) but at this point I'm not sure I can use gEDA for what I'm doing. I'm still tinkering with it, and it's an agonizing decision. CircuitMaker is frankly limited and aging, and it's pretty clear it won't be developed further. I can't afford something bigger and don't want to go that route anyway, since I'm developing an Open Source circuit design here. Practice what you preach, right? But there are so many things I can do faster in CircuitMaker that I may stick with it for a while.

You've all (developers) done an excellent job and I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate your efforts. I'm just not sure it's the right time for me to move over. So please don't spend more time on this on my behalf.

If I could make just one recommendation on the PCB side it would be to have the context menu disappear when you click away from it. It becomes instinctive when you're used to other products, but the only way I've found to get it to go away in PCB is to click an entry in it. "Unselect" is pretty innocuous although it may not always be what you want to do, but in any case it's pretty clumsy. Is it a hard fix? I looked around but didn't see where to change it. I'm not too comfortable with GTK or straight X; my main experience is in Qt, so I'm a litle lost there.

Regards,
Chad