Re: gEDA-user: pcb-bin-log

Em Qua 08 Jun 2005 11:14, Christian Treldal escreveu:
> Hi
>
> Are there by any chance that PCB could report where it think it finds a
> shorted net.
>
> I have the following in the log
>
> 21: WARNING!! net "Vdd" is shorted to net "Vcc"
> 22: WARNING!! net "Vcc" is shorted to net "Vdd"
>
> Which I thinks that PCB finds 2 places with a short.
>
> I've checked and doublechecked the netlist no shorts to be found there.
>
> Any good advice would be appreciated

Sometimes thats really hard. Because when you short them, the netlist act like
both are the same net, and when you highlight both are highlighted, like both
are the same net.
What to do? If you have few warnings in the log, undo undo undo undo until you
can press the O key (optimize) and you dont get the same warning message.
If you have a looooot of warnings that means that you did a lot of job and a
lot of undo will suck. IF the nets are not too big (Vcc and Vdd normally are)
you can do a shift+backspace over one of them and re-route both nets from the
beggining. When the problem resides in long and well routed nets, thats sucks
again.
The third option is to delete parts of the nets, pressiong O until you find
it.

In the program, there are two ways to improve these kind of situation. One is
to popup the log window when a short net occurs (the log windows only popups
once). I think is a easy workaround.
The second is to implement a way to show exactly where the short is. I think
it is not impossible...