Re: gEDA-user: generating a solder paste layer and xy placement data in PCB

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 01:51:31PM -0400, Joel N. Weber II wrote:

[solder paste stencil questions...]

as DJ mentioned, PCB generates gerbers already for this.  No work
required!

> I also need to figure out how to make the xy placement file actually
> have data.  When I created components as board layouts, saved them,
> and then used the load layout to paste buffer command, I ended up with
> empty xy placement and bom files.

Did you try to print from a design which actually had instantianted
elements in it?  If its still not working, you can send me a simple
example file.  There shouldn't be anything special at all you have to
do.

-Dan