Re: gEDA-user: cc2420 (ZigBee) board

Hi,

A few things about shielding. I'd suggest you put a ground plane over the entire board to shield the msp430 of unwanted radiation coming from either your transmitter or some external source. Don' t shield the antenna though :-).
You already shielded the radio part but it is better to also put another groundplane on the solder layer and drill lots of vias between (i.e. on a 0.1 inch grid) the component and solder layer. This will help avoid unwanted oscillations on your radio board.

I am not sure what you want to do with you antenna. Do you want to choose between external or internal antenna? On you schematics you connected them in series as on the board it looks like you can switch between them.

Did you use gsch2pcb to produce the board from the schematics?

Regards,

Hans