Re: gEDA-user: Calculating a linear self excited induction generator

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 06:20:17PM -0400, Bob Paddock wrote:
> On Sunday 11 June 2006 16:40, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
>
> > My bike alternator sucks and I would like to have one which has no
> > moving parts.
>
> Look up the MEG:
>
> "The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator,
> Extracting Energy from a Permanent Magnet with Energy-Replenishing from the Active Vacuum".
>
> US Patent 6,362,718.   The main proponent of the MEG is Tom Bearden,
> http://www.cheniere.org/ .  Also see the claimed replication at
> http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg.htm .  Personally I consider using a
> "burned out resistor" as a non-linear load to be bad science.  The
> jury is still out on if this works.

This has one "tiny" disadvantage, that it, with current physical
knowledge, cannot work.

> > I read about self excited induction generator, homopolar generators,
> > liquid metal dynamos, interstellar plasma dynamos, linear motors
> > and electric meters.
>
> There are four conventional ways to generate electricity.
>
> 1) Move a magnet in relation to a coil.
>
> 2) Move a coil in relation to a magnet.
>
> 3) Change the reluctance between the magnet and the coil.
>      John Ecklin Patent, 3,879,622.  Switched Reluctance Motors are
>      becoming more common these days.
>
>     When I win the lottery I'm going to build one of these out of
>     Metglas and see just how efficient this can be made.
>
> 4) Oscillate the magnet above and below its Curie Point,
>      in relation to a coil.    Tesla patent from the 1800's.
>
> Less conventional but still accepted by main stream science are generators
> that move some type of seeded fluid such Magnetohydrodynamics and
> its brethren.

SEIGs that are used on wind turbines don't fall into either category.

> If you want unaccepted science for generators then look up
> Otis T. Carr: "Utron" http://www.rexresearch.com/carr/1carr.htm ,
> US Patent # 2,912,244, 1959, and "Cook's Coil",
> http://my.voyager.net/~jrrandall/CookCoil.htm ,
> US Patent 119,825  1871.  Both of these are based on odd-ball shaped
> magnetic fields that rotate.
>
> If you start to play with Plasma Dynamos beware that they can generate
> Gama Rays if you do them badly.
>
> > 2) Drive the wheel manually and see on a scope if the contraption really
> > generates more energy than it eats
>
> Perpetually motion is impossible in a closed system, unfortunately.
> Which is not to say you can not have Free Energy from systems open
> the environment, Active Vacuum [Aether]/ZPE et.al.

I meant more electrical energy that it eats - the energy comes from
spinning the wheel.

CL<