Re: gEDA-user: illegal layer-group string

It appears that the problem is on line 769 of misc.c:

if (layer > LayerN + MAX (SOLDER_LAYER, COMPONENT_LAYER) ||
	      member >= LayerN + 1)
		    goto error;
	  groupnum[layer] = group;
	  LayerGroup->Entries[group][member++] = layer;
	  while (*++s && isdigit ((int) *s));

I'm not familiar with how the flexible layer count patch works.  Is there
an ultimate limit to the number of layers?  It appears that groupnum is
defined in terms of MAX_LAYER.  Perhaps we can simply increment MAX_LAYER
and whatever LayerGroup->Entries is defined in terms of.  Of course, if
there is no longer a predetermined hard limit (or any limit at all) then
we'll have to do something more intelligent...

-DC