Re: gEDA-user: how to install latest geda on Debian stable

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 03:03:16 -0700 (PDT)
David Griffith <dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The geda related packages in Debian stable are very old.  Can someone
> explain how I can install an up-to-date geda suite on Debian without
> having to turn a system from stable to testing?  I keep running into huge
> dependency chains.

You should install geda from source. I use stable too, and I have never ever installed geda from debs. Get the latest source-tree from CVS, install gcc (from debs), read the manual, and you'll have it. I suggest installing PCB from the CVS too.

If you need any help, just ask here!

Levente

--
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs