Re: gEDA-user: How to make ISA connector (or double-sided) footprint in PCB ?

Vaclav Peroutka wrote:

> I need to create double-sided connector. Currently I have not found any way how to do that. So I

created 2 different connectors and moved one of them to solder side.

I've not made two layer footprints, but reuse layout areas by the hierarchic named subschematics
method.  You have to use the attribute source=schematicname.sch  and optionally
footprint=layout-zone, then don't have any
footprint named layout-zone.fp, just load some layout of that onto you layout and change the refdes values
as you go. (with or without a script).  The netlist will have no mention of layout-zone, just the subschematic names
changed to flat.  The refdes names end up being like:    S1/C1  S1/C2 S2/C1 S2/C2  etc.

John Griessen