Re: gEDA-user: How to divide large symbols in smaller units?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 10:34:54PM +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> I plan to make a pcb-board with a FPGA chip which has 208 pins. The
> device (Spartan-3E) has four banks -- so it may be a good choice to
> divide it into 4 sub-symbols?

I divided a Cyclone 2 (EP28C in PQ208) into 6 symbols: 4 banks,
one for all the power except the VCCIO and one for the config signals.

As someone else said, you just give them all the same refdes and they
will magically combine.

(btw, I considered Spartan 3E, but the Cylcone 2 seemed to have a lot
of advantages to the hobbiest)

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>