Re: gEDA-user: Grouping multiple symbols in gschem?

On 6/20/07, Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Reason: I have a filter consisting of 3 coils and 3 capacitors. This
> filter-element is used multiple times in my schematic, so I want to
> build a group with these six elements, which I can copy and move as a
> whole.

I have a utility (sch-matrix) that creates a schematic matrix. In a
configuration
file you specify the number of rows. the number of columns and offsets.
It updates the refdes values for each new group. There is a corresponding
pcb-matrix script.

I used these utilities to create a multi-cell current sink. I created
a schematic
and pcb layout for a single cell. I ran the scripts to create a four
cell circuit.

The scripts and documentation are at

http://www.luciani.org/geda/util/util-index.html#matrix

(* jcl *)