Re: gEDA-user: Why won't CTS resistor arrays move in PCB?

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 22:59 -0700, Ben Jackson wrote:
> If I try to place or move the CTS* chip resistor arrays in PCB they won't
> budge.  The crosshair is nailed to the top of the screen, and even my
> Align plugin won't move them (which surprised me!).

Works for me,....

Did you by chance compile PCB yourself, say with GNU M4 version 1.4.9
installed? (Or are using pcblib with that version of M4 at run time).

There is a known bug in that version of M4 which messes up division
arithmetic with -ve numbers (producing wildly overflowed results). This
means bad coordinates get in the footprint file, and they can't be
moved.

Also, in my case (with a different part), selecting the part to try and
move it caused a crash.

If you fancy re-compiling M4 1.4.9, the fixes are quite simple. Let me
know if you want more details. I may even have a patch sitting around.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,