Re: gEDA-user: one more: Motif HID/single window?

>    Is that sort of functionality actually easy to accomplish within
> the Motif API?

Straightforward but not trivial.  Adding the panels is easy.  We
already have code to create buttons.  The tricky bit is (1) adding
special codes for "insert tool bar here" or "insert layer panel here"
and (2) letting the user specify images for the button labels.  I've
done it all before in other types of apps (long ago), just need to
pull it all together for pcb.

The tear-offs are a gimmie but I might end up recoding those manually
too, to implement the "remember where I put this" functionality.