Re: gEDA-user: Circular Board Outline

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 21:11:36 -0400, Neil Webster wrote:

> Is there a way to create circular PCBs in gEDA? I tried adding connected
> arcs to the outline layer but these are ignored as it seems to require
> connected straight line segments.

The tool pstoedit can be used to achieve what you want:

1) draw a circle with your preferred vector graphics app (e.g. inkscape)

2) export as postscript --> circle.ps

3) convert to pcb format: pstoedit -f circle.ps circle.pcb

4) edit circle.pcb to put the lines into the outline layer . (By default,
pstoedit chooses the silk layer)

5) open your layout with pcb.

6) do "load layout data to paste-buffer" from the file menu.
Choose circle.pcb

7) left-click into the canvas.

HTH,

---<(kaimartin)>---