Re: gEDA-user: poll: How do you geda?

> * What OS do you run geda applications on?

NetBSD/sparc 1.4T (with a number of local hacks, none of which are
terribly relevant here).  You didn't ask, but, in case you care, the
hardware is a SPARCstation 20.

> * How did you install your copy of geda apps?

Download the pcb-20080202 tarball, unpack, say a few uncomplimentary
things about its choices, discover it's fairly easy to compile "by
hand", and say some distinctly complimentary things about other of its
choices. :)  Start reading code and eventually writing code.

> * Which apps do you use. What is your typical workflow?

(That first sentence is worded like a question but is not punctuated
like one.  I'll assume it's the punctuation that's wrong.)

Which program(s)?  PCB.  I don't have a "typical workflow", at least
not yet, because PCB is not yet functional; I'm writing my own HID for
it and it's not yet done.  The workflow I expect to use eventually is
something like need -> vague design -> breadboard and more definite
design -> test-&-tweak loop -> PCB -> board fab house.

> * Did you (have to) modify portions of geda to suit your needs?

Yes; as mentioend above, I'm writing a new HID, because I have neither
GTK nor Lesstif/Motif, I want to not install either, and writing a pure
X HID is not that big a task for me.  (I expect creating the HID will
be less effort than obtaining and building either GTK or Lesstif would
be, and I expect that using either of the provided HIDs would be
somewhere between irritating and intolerable for me.)

> * What is the general flavor of your projects? (analog, digital, HF)

The project that was the proximate cause of pushing me into doing this
is digital; most of my projects have been.  Who knows what the future
holds, though.

> * (add your favorite question here)

FF.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse