Re: gEDA-user: poll: How do you geda?

I am curious, just how heterogeneous the group of geda users and
developers is. So I thought, I'd start this little non-random sample poll
in the mailing list:

* What OS do you run geda applications on?
Ubuntu Hardy Herron AMD64 single processor

* How did you install your copy of geda apps?
Initially with the Feisty package manager and the moment I inquired about a
problem I was told to update from sources.

* Which apps do you use. What is your typical workflow?]
I have used djboxsym and its derivatives, gshem, gsch2pcb and PCB.  I guess
once I finish my bigger board I will need to generate a BOM.

* Did you (have to) modify portions of geda to suit your needs?
I had to tweak one of the derivatives of djboxsym

* What is the general flavor of your projects? (analog, digital, HF)
Mostly high voltage pulsed power modules, plus an analogue and digital
control section that is taxing my layout skills.

* (add your favorite question here)
The learning curve is a bit steep and the documents (at least when I
started) seem to be scattered in various places.  Gschem and PCB seem to be
well developed at the moment but there are other interesting packages, spice
and VHDL are of some interest and I am not too sure how well they can be
used?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak